Assignment Applying Theories and Models to Educational Interventions for Target Populations
Creating educational interventions to help improve the overall health of a target population is an essential skill for public health and health education professionals. Intervening in peoples’ lives to positively impact their health and well-being can also be rewarding. However, it is essential that the creation of educational interventions is done using the appropriate tools and skills and that you carefully select and apply theories and models to attain the best results possible.
For this Assignment, you will use the Theory of Reasoned Action/Planned Behavior to design an educational plan to counter a trend within your selected topic related to your assigned target.
To Prepare For This Assignment:
- Download the Topics document found in your Learning Resources and select a topic from the list.
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Your Instructor will assign you a target population to focus on for this Assignment.
Submit a 3- to 4-page paper (not including title page and references) that includes the following:
Using the Theory of Reasoned Action/Planned Behavior, design an educational plan to counter a trend within your assigned target population related to your selected topic.
- Within your educational plan, be sure to respond to the following questions:
- What are the beliefs (list) of the target regarding the topic?
- What are the evaluations of those beliefs (identify list as important/not important)?
- What are the beliefs of the target population (subjective norm)?
- Are the targets capable and confident to complete behavior (Perceived Behavioral Control)?
- Alcohol abuse/alcoholism (Use this group as your target population. Remember it is a public health course)
- Bullying and/or gang violence
- Cancer Screening
- Climate change
- Coronary heart disease
- Drug use/abuse
- Family planning
- Hypertension/stroke prevention
- Infant or maternal mortality
- Oral health
- Physical activity or sedentary lifestyles
- Prescription drug overdose
- Skin cancer detection and prevention
- Tobacco cessation-smoking
- Violence prevention/domestic violence
NB: Pick any topic from this list and use a specific target population e.g you can pick Coronary Heart Disease with your target population being African-Americans.