Discussion Healthcare Quality Improvement
NSG/451: Professional Nursing Leadership Perspectives Assignment Content
#1.Leaders seek out change opportunities regularly. Innovation, critical thinking, and decision making are key to making an impact on an organization. This assignment is designed to help you look at aspects of your own clinical practice and become a change agent in your organization. Use your current or past experience to identify a change project to implement.
Step 1: Select a topic for a change project.
- Review the following resources for potential change topic or process ideas:
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Transforming Care at the Bedside
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Hospital Inpatient Waste Identiﬁcation Tool
- For process change resources: TeamSTEPPS® Pocket Guide Step 2: Identify the context for your change.
- Describe the setting where the change will take place. For example, clinical, insurance, home health, or public and community.
- Explain who is affected: patients, nurses, leadership, and other stakeholders in the organization.
- Step 3: Review the literature to ﬁnd possible solutions and evidence to address your topic.
- Research sources that guide evidence-based practice to improve outcomes related to your selected topic.
- Find a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles directly related to addressing your change topic.
- Step 4: Create a draft implementation plan. Discussion Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Summarize each article to explain how the evidence you gathered will help address your change topic.
- Explain how you could use the information in the research to carry out the change in your identiﬁed setting.
Format your assignment as a 700- to 1,050-word paper or 10- to 15-slide presentation (use a background for the power points, use citations on powerpoint, Use graphics and bold points for the main concepts on the slides. Finish with detailed speakers notes in the speaker’s notes area and cite those speakers notes. End with the reference slides, which are in the presentation.).
Include an APA-formatted reference page. Discussion Healthcare Quality Improvement Submit your topic, review, and executive summary.
Center for Writing Excellence
Reference and Citation Generator
Grammar and Writing Guides
Learning Team Toolkit #2.
On a separate paper:
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
Change in health care is often related to quality. This discussion introduces you to the three major driving forces of the current emphasis on quality.
Explore the Health and Medicine Division*, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, and the National Quality Forum and explain each organization’s key focus and its mission, vision, and values. What impact will these organizations have on your daily work?
******(please cite and reference in APA format)*********