Nursing Assignment Acers
NUR-514 Topic 3: Organizational Change Theories and Strategies
NUR-514 Topic 3: Organizational Change Theories and Strategies
- Discuss the advanced registered nurse’s role as change agent within the interprofessional health care
- Analyze factors driving organizational change within health care
- Evaluate change theories and collaborative models for promoting change
- Evaluate the ethical, social, legal, economic, and political implications of practice change
Advanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession
Read Chapter 5 in Advanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession. Review Chapter 7.
Leadership in Nursing Practice: Changing the Landscape of Health Care
Read Chapter 1 in Leadership in Nursing Practice: Changing the Landscape of Health Care.
Loom is a free video recording tool that allows you send messages through shareable videos. For assistance on installing the software or usage, navigate to the Loom Help Center.
NUR-514 Topic 3: Organizational Change Theories and Strategies Tasks
Implementing Change With an Interprofessional Approach Presentation
As an advanced registered nurse, you will serve as a leader within your organization. Part of this role will entail being a change agent and spurring positive change on behalf of patients, colleagues, and the industry.
Consider a situation you experienced previously where change did not go as planned in your health care organization. Create a 10-15-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you will assess the situation and the steps that should have been taken to successfully implement change. Create speaker notes of 100-250 words for each slide. Include an additional slide for the title and references. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice-over or a video. Refer to the study materials for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning and another at the end for References.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the background of the situation and the rationale for and goal(s) of the change. Consider the ethical, social, legal, economic, and political implications of practice change in your response.
- Outline the advanced registered nurse’s role as change agent within the interprofessional and dynamic health care environment.
- Identify the key interprofessional stakeholders (both internal and external) that should be involved in change
- Discuss an appropriate change theory or model that could be used to achieve results. Explain why the theory or model selected is best for the situation. Include the ethical, social, legal, economic, and political implications of applying the change management strategies to practice change in your response.
- As an advanced registered nurse, outline how you would initiate the change.
- Describe the impact to the organization if the change initiative is unsuccessful again, and potential steps the interprofessional team could take if the change is unsuccessful.
- Predict what additional factors will drive upcoming organizational change for the organization and outline the advanced registered nurse’s role as change agent.
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
Topic 3 DQ 1
Describe an organizational change model that can be used in a dynamic health care environment. Based on this model, how is organizational change is managed? What role do stakeholders play during organizational change?
Topic 3 DQ 2
You have been selected to serve on a community outreach committee within your state’s nursing organization. The committee includes registered nurses of different specialties. At your first meeting, it becomes evident that not everyone is in agreement with a recent position statement about the role of spiritual care, with some members arguing they will no longer support the committee if the position statement is not revised or reversed. As a nurse leader and change agent, how would you approach the committee? How could you draw from change theory to address these concerns and encourage collaboration on the committee?
Topic 3 Participation
NUR-514 Course Objectives
In this course, the learner will:
- Explore various health care system and organizational relationships (e.g., stakeholders, economic, financial, political, ethical issues, organizational structure, and delivery of care, including mission/vision/philosophy and values).
- Discuss professional leadership theories and how they shape the nurse leader in such things as collaboration, conflict resolution, decision making, and negotiation.
- Discuss change management theories and strategies and the ethical, social, legal, economic, and political implications of practice change on nursing practice decisions.
- Analyze the impact of health care policy on health care organizations and cost-effective quality care.
- Evaluate strategies for managing human, fiscal, and health care resources in the design of cost-effective, innovative models of care delivery or practice change proposals.
- Explore current and emerging patient care, information system, and communication technologies that can deliver and enhance safe, high quality, cost-effective patient care and health outcomes.
- Examine the implications of health care informatics and the role of the advanced registered nursing specialties leader on performance measures and standards related to quality.
- Discuss the design, implementation, and evaluation of electronic health record systems and clinical decision support systems.
- Evaluate legal (HIPAA), ethical, reimbursement, emerging technologies, and interprofessional issues related to informatics and information systems.
Refer to the LopesWrite webpage for guidance regarding assignments requiring submission to LopesWrite.
APA Writing Style
APA Style is required for all writing assignments in this course, where indicated. Please prepare these assignments according to the APA Style Guide, located in the in the Student Success Center.