Nursing Assignment Acers
NUR 514 Week 8 Benchmark Essay Assignment
NUR 514 Week 8 Benchmark Essay Assignment
Electronic Health Record implementation paper. I want this assignment easy today.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MBA-MSN; MSN-Nursing Education; MSN Acute Care Nurse Practitioner-Adult-Gerontology; MSN Family Nurse Practitioner; MSN-Health Informatics; MSN-Health Care Quality and Patient Safety; MSN-Leadership in Health Care Systems; MSN-Public Health Nursing
2.3: Develop leadership skills to collaborate on interprofessional teams in the provision of evidence-based, patient-centered care.
5.2: Apply professional, ethical, and regulatory standards of practice in the provision of safe, effective health care.
One way informatics can be especially valuable is in capturing data to inspire improvements and quality change in practice. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) collects data related to adverse events and safety concerns. If you are working within a practice setting to implement a new electronic health record (EHR) system, this is just one of the many considerations your team would need to plan for during the rollout process.
In a paper of 1,500-1,750 words, discuss the following:
- Consider an opportunity for tracking care improvement. What key information would be needed in the database? Example: Time lapse from medication order documented in the EHR to delivery of medication to the patient for the cardiology service.
- Describe the role informatics plays in the ability to capture this data. What type of project management strategies and methodologies can be implemented to support informatics initiatives to help improve quality within the clinical practice?
- Discuss which systems and staff members would need to be involved in the design and implementation What is the role of the advanced registered nurse in promoting evidence-based practice and leading quality and performance improvement initiatives within this setting?
- Outline strategies for implementing the new EHR proposal. Consider communication changes, transitioning to the new EHR, and managing resources (human, fiscal, and health care resources).
- Discuss what professional, ethical, and regulatory standards must be incorporated into the design and implementation of the system.
- Describe the measures and steps you would take to evaluate the success of the EHR implementation from a staff, setting, and patient perspective to measure effectiveness and ensure continuous quality improvement in practice?
- Explain what leadership skills and theories would be needed to facilitate collaboration with the interprofessional team and provide evidence-based, patient-centered care?
You are required to cite five to 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Complete the “APA Writing Checklist” to ensure that your paper adheres to APA style and formatting criteria and general guidelines for academic writing. Include the completed checklist as an appendix at the end of your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
Topic 8 DQ 1
Open and clear communication is critical for the effective functioning of the interprofessional team and the delivery of safe patient care. Discuss the way communication technologies can enhance coordination of care by interprofessional teams. Be sure to discuss a specific communication technology in your response.
Topic 8 DQ 2
Virtual care and telehealth technologies have the capability to greatly expand access to quality health care. Discuss some benefits and drawbacks of virtual care/telehealth, particularly related to the collaboration and coordination of care and the role of the advanced registered nurse.
Topic 8 Participation
NUR-514 Course Objectives
In this course, the learner will:
- Explore various health care system and organizational relationships (e.g., stakeholders, economic, financial, political, ethical issues, organizational structure, and delivery of care, including mission/vision/philosophy and values).
- Discuss professional leadership theories and how they shape the nurse leader in such things as collaboration, conflict resolution, decision making, and negotiation.
- Discuss change management theories and strategies and the ethical, social, legal, economic, and political implications of practice change on nursing practice decisions.
- Analyze the impact of health care policy on health care organizations and cost-effective quality care.
- Evaluate strategies for managing human, fiscal, and health care resources in the design of cost-effective, innovative models of care delivery or practice change proposals.
- Explore current and emerging patient care, information system, and communication technologies that can deliver and enhance safe, high quality, cost-effective patient care and health outcomes.
- Examine the implications of health care informatics and the role of the advanced registered nursing specialties leader on performance measures and standards related to quality.
- Discuss the design, implementation, and evaluation of electronic health record systems and clinical decision support systems.
- Evaluate legal (HIPAA), ethical, reimbursement, emerging technologies, and interprofessional issues related to informatics and information systems.
Refer to the LopesWrite webpage for guidance regarding assignments requiring submission to LopesWrite.
APA Writing Style
APA Style is required for all writing assignments in this course, where indicated. Please prepare these assignments according to the APA Style Guide, located in the in the Student Success Center.
You may want to consider purchasing a copy of the APA style guide as this will be a useful resource throughout your program