Nursing Assignment Acers
NUR-550-D4E2/E3 Field of study: Nursing
NUR-550-D4E2/E3 Field of study: Nursing
In this course, you will complete a two-part assignment in which you will conduct research on a specific population, create a PICOT statement, and write a Literature Review. The PICOT statement and Literature Review you write in this course can be used for your evidence-based practice project in the following course, so choose an issue to work on in your next course.
PICOT (Population/Problem, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome, and Time to achieve the outcome) is a method that helps clarify the qualities needed to create a good question out of a practice issue or problem affecting the population of focus. Additionally, the information derived from a good PICOT makes it easier to perform a literature search in order to find translational research sources that can be used to address the clinical problem.
Use a national, state or local population health care database to research indicators of disparity. Choose a mortality/morbidity indicator to identify a clinical problem or issue that you want to explore pertaining to a population of focus. Use this indicator to begin to formulate a PICOT and conduct research on the population.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper that analyzes your research and focuses on the population you have chosen.
- Describe the population’s demographics and health concerns, and explain how nursing science, health determinants, and epidemiologic, genomic, and genetic data may impact population health management for the selected population.
- Provide an overview of a potential solution for solving the health issue related to your population and the intended PICOT statement.
- Describe how the solution incorporates health policies and goals that support health care equity for the population of focus.
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Part 2 (second paper)
In Part A, you described the population and quality initiative related to your PICOT (Population/Problem, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome, and Time to achieve the outcome) statement. In this assignment, you will formalize your PICOT and research process. Use the GCU Library to perform a search for peer-reviewed research articles.
Find five peer-reviewed primary source translational research articles.In a paper of 1,250-1,500 words, synthesize the research into a literature review. The literature review should provide an overview for the reader that illustrates the research related to your particular PICOT. Include the following:
Introduction: Describe the clinical issue or problem you are addressing. NUR-550-D4E2/E3 Field of study: Nursing
Methods: Describe the criteria you used in choosing your articles
Synthesize the Literature:
- Part A: Discuss the main components of each article (subjects, methods, key findings) and provide rationale for how this supports your PICOT; Part B: Compare and contrast the articles:
- Discuss limitations, controversies, and similarities/differences of the studies.
- Areas of Further Study: Analyze the evidence presented in your articles to identify what is known, unknown, and requires further study.
You are required to cite five to 10 sources to complete this assignment.
Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
NUR-550 Course Objectives
In this course, the student will:
- Explore research articles, nursing and related theories, applying levels of evidence, and theoretical frameworks to identify quality research studies.
- Demonstrate understanding of scientific inquiry, knowledge generation, utilization, and dissemination in advanced nursing practice.
- Evaluate the evidence for potential solutions/innovations that can potentially solve a health care issue and improve patient outcomes.
- Identify gaps in nursing knowledge and evidence-based practice that can potentially be resolved by planning and implementing a practice change project.
- Formulate a clinically researchable question amenable to an innovative evidence-based practice change
- Write a scholarly literature review that supports a clinically researchable question amenable to an innovative evidence-based practice change proposal.
- Evaluate health policy and advocacy issues for the purpose of improving health care outcomes.
- Engage in scientific inquiry into the state of health care delivery, patient-centered care, and ethical principles related to health beliefs, health promotion, and risk reduction of diverse populations.
- Propose quality improvement initiatives that advance the delivery of safe, high-quality health care.
- Use principles from epidemiology, biostatistics, genetics, genomics, and cultural competence to guide comparisons of various patient populations.