NUR-646E Practicum Goals And Practice Hours Essay
This assignment requires your collaboration with the course faculty and practicum preceptor early on to establish goals for successful completion of your practicum requirements.
Develop a 250-500-word narrative for completing your practice hours and how objectives will be met.
Include the following in your narrative:
- Five practicum goals that relate to course objectives, course deliverables, your personal and professional development needs, and your practicum setting.
- A proposed schedule to meet your goals and the 50 required practicum hours you must accumulate during this course.
- A description of any challenges you expect to encounter, and strategies to help you overcome these challenges.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
- To effectively apply theories and concepts into curriculum development and instructional strategies in nursing education
- Work with a competent & experienced nurse educator to gain advanced clinical knowledge in my specialty
- To be able to effectively design and implement course units based on innovative teaching and learning tactics that lead to active learning and accomplishment of learning objectives
- To be able to integrate appropriate technologies during teaching to engage learners during the learning process.
- To successfully incorporate evidence-based teaching strategies during teaching and be able to assist learners when it comes to interpretation and application of evidence during their learning experiences
Schedule To Meet The Goals
|Number of ClockHours
|Apply theories and concepts into curriculum development and instructional strategies in nursing education
|Review all the relevant study materials· Collaborate with my instructor during curriculum developmentConsult experienced nurse educators who are competent in curriculum development
|Work with a competent & experienced nurse educator to gain advanced clinical knowledge in my specialty
|Identify an experienced nurse educator withMaster/Doctorate to work with
|Effectively design and implement course units based on innovative teaching and learning tactics that lead to active learning and accomplishment of learning objectives
|Review all the relevant study materials· Familiarize myself with different teaching and learning strategiesConsult experienced nurse educators regarding the most effective teaching and learning strategies
|Integrate appropriate technologies during teaching to engage learners during the learning process
|Review all the relevant study materials· Familiarize myself & learn about different technologies that have been successfully used in teachingConsult experienced nurse educators regarding different technologies used in teaching
|To incorporate evidence-based teaching strategies during teaching
|Research the latest evidence on teachingstrategies
Challenges & Strategies To Overcome Them
Some of the challenges I am likely to encounter include issues associated with cultural competence during practicum, time management and coping with overall workload, as well as anxiety associated with practicing how to be a nurse educator especially with the assimilation of new set of norms during practicum (Jamshidi et al, 2016)
I plan to overcome anxiety by ensuring that I familiarize myself with the teaching setting and practice various learning activities like role-playing because they have been demonstrated to reduce anxiety and improve confidence levels. Regarding cultural competence, I will plan my teachings based on a comprehensive theoretical foundation to ensure my students are effectively prepared for practice within cross-cultural care. Finally, for the time management and workload, I plan to reschedule my schedule, where I will have to forego some personal activities in order to accommodate my practicum needs (Rafiee et al, 2014).
- Jamshidi N, Zahra M, Sharif F & Majid K. (2016). The Challenges of Nursing Students in the Clinical Learning Environment: A Qualitative Study. The Scientific World Journal. 1(1), 1-7.
- Rafiee G, Alireza N, Kojuri J, Masoud M & Marzieh M. (2014). Problems and challenges of nursing students’ clinical evaluation: A qualitative study. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 19(1), 41–49.