Nursing Assignment Acers
PRAC-6640-35 Practicum Week 11
PRAC-6640-35 Practicum Week 11
This week, you ensure that your preceptor has signed off on your clinical hour log in Meditrek. You also log in to Meditrek and print out your Patient Log for this quarter.
Reminder: Clinical Hour and Patient Logs
This week, your preceptor must sign off on your clinical hour log in Meditrek. Contact your preceptor if you do not see this approval. PRAC-6640-35 Practicum Week 11
Additionally, be sure to log in to Meditrek at some point during the week and print out your Patient Log for this quarter. You will need to keep this log and provide it to healthcare organizations when requested, in order to secure privileges. It serves as a record of the patients you have seen.
Congratulations! After you have finished all of the requirements for your Practicum, you have completed the course. Please submit your Course Evaluation by Day 7.
PRAC-6640-35 Practicum Week 10
This week, you assess clients and consider the appropriateness of various therapeutic approaches.
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Discussion: Clinical Supervision
Personal reflection and discussion with colleagues is essential to your development as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. In Week 8, you collaborated with colleagues as you participated in your first Clinical Supervision. This week, you have the opportunity to continue your collaboration as you reflect on and discuss your experiences with counseling older adults. Keep in mind that although there may be challenges to counseling this population, these clients offer unique learning opportunities. For this Clinical Supervision, consider an older client you are counseling whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
- Assess clients presenting for psychotherapy
- Evaluate effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for clients receiving psychotherapy
- Reflect on the clients you are currently counseling at your practicum site.
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit! PRAC-6640-35 Practicum Week 10
By Day 3
Post a 3- to 5-minute Kaltura video that addresses the following:
- Describe an older client you are counseling whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
Note: Do not use the client’s actual name.
- Explain your therapeutic approach with the client, including the perceived effectiveness of your approach.
- Identify any additional information about this client that may potentially impact expected outcomes.
Note: Nurse practitioners must have strong oral communication skills. This Discussion is designed to help you hone these skills. When filming your Kaltura video, be sure to dress and speak in a professional manner.
View a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues by sharing additional insights or alternative perspectives. Support your feedback with evidence-based literature and/or your own experiences with clients.
Note about uploading media: Refer to the Kaltura Media Uploader instructions document, which provides guidance on how to upload media for the Clinical Supervision Discussions. The Kaltura instructions are found on the Course navigation menu.
Submission and Grading Information
To access your rubric:
Week 10 Discussion Rubric
Assignment: Practicum – Weeks 9 & 10 Journal Entries and Journal Submission
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders
- Analyze how nursing and counseling theories guided personal practice in psychotherapy
The Learning Objectives are related to the Practicum Journal Assignments presented in Weeks 9 and 10.
Week 10 Journal Entry
Reflect on your overall practicum experience in this course. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Explain whether your therapeutic theory has changed as a result of your practicum experiences. Recall the theories you selected in Week 1.
- Explain how you integrated the therapeutic approaches from this course in your clinical practice. Include how this helped you achieve the goals and objectives you developed in Week 1.
- Explain how you might impact social change through your work with clients who have mental health issues.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Note: Be sure to use the Practicum Journal Template, located in the Learning Resources.
By Day 7
Submit your Practicum Journal entries for Weeks 9 and 10. Refer to the weekly instructions for additional guidance.
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following: PRAC-6640-35 Practicum Week 10
- Please save your Assignments using the following naming convention: “WK10Journal+lastname+first initial.”
- Click the Week 10 Assignment link.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK10Journal+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open. Repeat for each of the Practicum Journal submissions.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Week 10 Assignment Rubric
You are required to keep a log of the time you spend related to your practicum experience and enter every patient you see each day. You can access your time log from the Welcome Page in your Meditrek account. You will track time individually for each patient you work with. Please make sure to continuously input your hours throughout the term.
Week in Review
Now that you have:
- Assessed clients presenting for psychotherapy
- Evaluated the effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for clients receiving psychotherapy
Next week, you will ensure that your preceptor has signed off on your clinical hour log in Meditrek. You also log in to Meditrek and print out your Patient Log for this quarter.
To go to the next week: