SIM 405 Professional Standards Delegation Of Selected Nursing
SIM 405 Professional Standards Delegation Of Selected Nursing Tasks Discussion
Nurses must act to prevent unsafe and unethical care practices. Many resources exist to resolve ethical and other practice dilemmas.
Watch the Professional Standards Scenario in this module (below) before continuing.
Once you’ve watched the scenario, analyze it related to delegation according to your own state’s Nurse Practice Act and compare it to one other state’s Nurse Practice Act. According to your state’s definition of delegation, was the nurse able to delegate this task to the nursing assistant? Why or why not? Compare and contrast this scenario with another delegation scenario from your nursing practice.
- Your state nursing board website
- American Nurses Association (ANA) and the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) Joint Statement on Delegation
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
|2 to 3-page paper. Include title and reference pages.
|4 to 8 slides. Add title and reference slides.Follow Rules of 7.
|Other media (Prezi, etc.) presentation
|4 to 8 slides with speaker notes. Add title and reference slides.Follow Rules of 7.
|5 to 6-minute video presentation.Attach reference page or include in video.Professional appearance and background.Video submissions must include a script in Word format, submitted through Turnitin for an Originality Report.
|Table with appropriate columns and headers.Include title and reference pages.
|Graphs or otherillustrations
|Graphs or illustrations with appropriate labels. Include title and reference pages.
|Poster utilizing any applicable poster template. Include visual graphics/images/other formats for visual appeal. Include appropriate titles and references on posters.
|Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.