NR 439 Week 5 Clarifying Research
Subject of the paper: Complete the file attached. Take into consideration all the elements below
- Requirement: Read each of the instructions.
- Download and complete the required Clarifying Research Worksheet under Templates below.
- Review the Week 5 Assignment Tutorial (Links to an external site.) (Transcript (Links to an external site.)) which reviews your Week 5 Assignment. Tutorials may look slightly different from session to session. Grading criteria and rubric will be the same.
- Two or more supporting scholarly sources are required. Textbooks are not allowed and should not be used as a scholarly source. Use the Chamberlain Library to locate relevant, scholarly sources.
- No more than two direct quotes are allowed. You should be using mostly your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the topics/criteria for this assignment. Citations and references must be included.
- Submit the completed assignment on the Week 5: Assignment.
Other information: No plagiarism, No grammar errors
- APA Format
- No plagiarism is accepted
- Only academic resources should be used, no older than 5 years old
- Adhere to the requested number of words/pages
Sample Paper NR 439 Week 5 Clarifying Research
Hello, students. My name is Dr. Susan Thomas, and I’d like to welcome you to a brief tutorial reviewing your week five assignment. Your week 5 assignment can be found in the week 5 module. You can access your assignment here if you scroll down to week 5. The goal of this assignment is to help you demonstrate your understanding of the various ways we can conduct research to study our nursing problems, the various types of designs, and the various ways we can choose our samples, as well as how research contributes to a credible nursing profession.
This information will assist you in locating, locating, reading, and comprehending research studies available in our nursing literature. It will also assist you in applying findings to your specific nursing practice areas. We learned in weeks 4 and 5 that there are two types of research and that we can use either a quantitative or a qualitative approach to study a problem. These are two approaches to studying nursing problems, and once we’ve decided on the type of research, we can choose from a variety of designs.
During week 5, we are learning about samples, which are used to specifically select who will participate in a study. We discovered that there are various sampling strategies that can be used with either quantitative or qualitative research. I want you to know that I created this learning activity using our AACN professional practice standards, which require a BSN to value evidence-based practice and understand the fundamental elements of research, process, and design. The rubric and assignment instructions can be found under your week five assignment.
It is essential that you read over the directions as these have key instructions and helpful hints to complete the scholarly worksheet. The week 5 worksheet is located here. Use the worksheet that is assigned in your session you are taking the course; assignment worksheets can change from session to session. I encourage you to read all the directions first, and then read over your grading rubric which is located beneath the assignment. Be sure that you are using your grading rubric to complete the required assignment. Your instructor will use the grading rubric to evaluate each of the criteria you will be completing. Try to use the first column which will help you capture all available points for that criteria.
Using your own words demonstrates your individual learning and knowledge. Be sure you are using your own words to write about each element of the grading criteria. The grading criteria elements should be used as you prepare and write about each criteria again using your own words. Be sure you pay attention to instruction or direction #5; you are only to use or you can use two or more scholarly resources. Textbooks are not allowed. You cannot use any kind of textbook.
Use your Chamberlain Library to locate current evidence to support your knowledge of each element to help you write about your learning. Also, no more than two direct quotes, short direct quotes can be used; this is a scholarly worksheet which should consist of your words that demonstrates your knowledge of what you have learned about the content.
If you use a resource, you must use an intext citation indicating the sentence that you used. Be sure you are fully citing the resource in the references list at the end of your worksheet; otherwise, it will not be considered a scholarly source if your instructor can not determine the source. The assignment is worth 225 points.
I want to point out that you need to use scholarly writing, spelling, grammar, and complete sentences. To help with formatting or APA, you can find resources as well as writing assistance within your resources tab. I hope you enjoy this extremely valuable learning activity! It was created to help support your knowledge of how to utilize and value an evidence-based practice as a BSN.
As always, please contact your NR439 instructor if you have any questions. Thank you for reviewing the short tutorial.
Date: Criteria Significance of Research Use your own words to summarize: a) the need for nursing research. b) the significance for all professional nurses (BSN) to understand the basic principles of research. c) why this course is important to complete.
Quantitative Research Use your own words to summarize: a) quantitative research and what you learned about this type of research. b) one quantitative design that you learned; explain one important feature that helped you understand this design. c) the significance of this type of research and how it can be used to improve nursing practice problems.
Qualitative Research Use your own words to summarize:
- qualitative research and what you learned about this type of research.
- one qualitative design that you learned; explain one important feature that helped you understand this design.
- the significance of this type of research and how it can be used to improve nursing practice problems.
Use your own words to summarize:
- What is sampling and why is sampling important?
- one sampling strategy you learned that can be used in quantitative research. Include what you learned.
- one other sampling strategy that you learned.
Credible Nursing Profession Use your own words summarize:
- How does research help make nursing practice safe?
- Share a way you believe research has impacted nursing practice.
- Why is research critical for creating an evidence based nursing profession?
Utilization Use your own words summarize:
- How you plan to utilize your learning to make a difference in your practice.