NR 531 Week 7 Assignment Executive Summary
The purposes of this assignment are to:
- identify and articulate the results of the Magnet report received from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for Saint Louis Medical Center (SLMC) to the board of directors, by the nurse executive in an executive summary format (CO 2, 3),
- articulate and include the key components of the executive summary (CO 5), and
- provide empirical, scholarly evidence to support your assignment (CO 4).
NOTE: As the nurse executive of SLMC, you may choose one item from any of the following Magnet Model Components to discuss with the board in your executive summary.
There is no written report of a Magnet Survey; you have the flexibility to choose what you would like to discuss in this assignment.
Magnet Model Components:
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- (CO 2) Synthesize management and leadership theories with a caring, holistic, collaborative approach in preparation of nurse administrator roles; utilizing critical thinking, communication skills and therapeutic intervention strategies, of the professional role related to health outcomes.
- (CO 3) Compare and contrast the effect of organizational structures, e. organizational charts, standards, resources, philosophy, procedures, and culture on work processes and organizational and patient outcomes; utilizing critical thinking, interprofessional collaboration, communication skills and strategies of the professional role.
- (CO 4) Apply the use of research in the evaluation of healthcare outcomes; utilizing critical thinking skills, and interprofessional research strategies.
- (CO 5) Examine effective verbal and written communication; utilizing communication skills of the professional role to promote and improve quality and safety in healthcare.
This paper will be graded on quality of paper information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.
Submit to the appropriate CCN Dropbox by 11:59 p. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
The length of the paper is to be no greater than three (3) pages, excluding title page and reference page.
APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction.
See APA manual for details. See resource under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers. Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment:
- Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
- Issue and Magnet Model Component Identified
- Key Components of Executive Summary
- Supporting Evidence
Preparing the Paper
Note: Please use the resources in your Roussel textbook, Chapter 15, to assist with how to write an executive summary format to articulate the results of your Magnet report from ANCC. Clearly introduce your executive summary in the introduction paragraph. Include a sentence that states the purpose of your assignment.
Clearly identify and articulate the issue and component from the Magnet model to be communicated to the board of directors at SLMC by you, the nurse executive. Key components of an executive summary format, related to the results of the Magnet report, should be included and clearly articulated.
Include a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence to support the issue to be communicated. Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content. The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).